Thursday, June 19, 2008

The story of how we met.

Continuing from my last blog, I am going to go into details of how my boyfriend and I met.
Lots of things had been going on with airport security in August of 2006. A group of terrorists had plotted to bring liquid explosives onto an airplane. So as a precaution TSA decided to ban liquids in carry ons. This put a big flaw into me meeting my boyfriend. First I was terrified of flying, especially alone. Second, my flight was at 6 am.. for sure I was going to look like a zombie coming off of that plane so I was going to put on my makeup AFTER I landed. Since liquids were banned that meant no foundation.. blush.....lip gloss... I was screwed.

That morning I devised a plan, I would put all of my makeup into my checked luggage and when I landed at the airport I would get my bags and run to the bathroom. Great plan? Not really. First of all my boyfriend wanted to meet me as soon as the plane landed, so i had to tell him the wrong terminal.

When I went to get my luggage you would think that there would be hundreds of people waiting for it as well.. nope, i was the only one waiting for my luggage. There was no where to hide! Meanwhile my boyfriend is walking around the wrong terminal looking for me and i was purposely ignoring his calls. I finally got my bags and ran to the bathroom. At first I didnt want to leave the bathroom, I didn't want to meet him anymore, rejection is hard and I didnt know if i could deal with it. After 10 mins of him trying to coax me out of the bathroom i decided to just go through with it.
I waited on a bench with my sunglasses on and I pretended to read a magazine while he approached me. I was so nervous I couldn't stand up, he finally broke the ice by saying "So... do I get a hug?" I reached out for him while sitting and gave him a hug.

When we finally got to the car he opened the door like a gentleman and we started to drive back to his house which was about 2 hours away from the airport. I called my mom and told her that I had arrived safely, she asked if he liked me and i said i didnt know (because i truthfully didnt.)
Justin was also calling his mom... about every 20 minutes which started to freak me out. They were talking in this code like language. I don't remember much of the car ride other than it was really quiet, i guess we were both nervous.
So the car ride was supposed to only be 2 hours and somehow it was now 3 we were lost. (or i thought). Finally he pulled into a forest preserve and I thought, oh great, everyone was right and he is a psycho and now i am going to die. In the distance I saw a picnic table with lunch set up, I was in shock.. no guy had ever done anything so sweet for me. We ate lunch.. peanut butter and jelly sandwiches , pasta and a cherry pie that his mother made. I was still nervous and had a hard time looking at him, he tried everything to make me feel more comfortable but it didn't help.

After we were done with the picnic we walked over to the car and he opened the door for me, he said "so can i get a kiss?" in my mind i said "hell no, i just ate pasta" but i gave him one anyway.. and when i went to sit in the car, i bumped my head on the ceiling.

Other than having a bruise on my head, the day was perfect...I was already in love with his personality and this date had sealed the deal. I was hooked. We spent the next 7 days together, going mini golfing.. dinner, movies , to theme parks.. cuddling..fishing..it was the best week of my life. I was finally in love at 21 years old. Saying good bye was hard.. so hard in fact that he extended my plane ticket and extra week so I could stay longer! How sweet.
(Picture : Justin on a row boat)

I know some people have a hard time with long distance relationships, but our situation is unique since he can work from anywhere there is a computer. We usually see each other for weeks or months at a time. We have never been apart more than a month.
(Picture: At Chocolate World, Hershey PA)



I love my relationship because I still have butterflies when I see him, its not an ordinary relationship where we see each other every night. I am hoping that he will move to Chicago someday... :D

No comments: