Thursday, June 19, 2008

New to this....

As you can probably tell, I am new to this. Sure I kept a diary when I was a little girl but I never wrote in it on a consistent basis. I guess I should talk a little bit about my life just in case anyone might want to know.

My name is Sarah, I have lived near or around Chicago all of my life. I really love it here and I don't think I would want to live anywhere else. I think people get the wrong impression of Chicago... violence...the mafia. Sure that's true.. but not in my neighborhood. I live on a pretty quiet block on the north side of the city, almost officially outside the city.

I attend the University of Illinois at Chicago, I am one of those "super seniors" (a nice term for those were unfortunate enough not to graduate in "standard" four years). I don't have any excuse for why I didn't graduate on time, I went into college not having a clue about what i wanted my major to be.. (I cant even decide what I want for lunch on a daily basis, let alone pick a major that is going to determine the rest of my life). So I attended the first 2 years undecided.

My best friend Liz was also pretty clueless when it came down to it. We all decided that over spring break in Cancun we would decide! We laid on the beautiful beaches waiting for this epiphany that never came. (Picture : Me, my friend Jamie and my sister's boyfriend in Cancun)

So its now the beginning of junior year.. and I had to make a decision. My friend Liz decided to declare her major as History and since I am more of a follower than a leader I decided, well why not. So now I was a History major. Great!

The moment I got home my mother asked me why I had choose that particular major and ofcourse the most popular question "What the hell are you going to do with a History major? Are you going to be a Teacher?" Let me tell you this now.. children scare me. I don't understand them, they are rude, loud and always want attention. I know some day that I will start to have warm feelings towards them.. but not now.

Anyways... My mother was right.. what was I going to do with that major if I wasnt going to teach? Great.. back to the drawing board. Since I had no major for the first two years I decided to take different classes to see what I liked the best, name a class.. I took it! Anthropology, Archaeology, Human nutrition, chemistry, asian studies, African american studies.. a class on sex.. western civilization, sentential logic, chemistry, biology, enviromental earth studies, french history, jewish-german history (most depressing class ever). To cut the story short.. I decided that I really liked my sociology classes...soooo thats the major i switched too!

Enough of school.

I am currently in a relationship. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years this coming August. We met in an unconventional way (myspace). I had just got out of a relationship with my then boyfriend and was surfing myspace one night. I was linked to this profile through mutual friends and I decided to message him saying "your cute." (I had never done it before, but i thought to myself, why not? If he doesn't respond oh well.) He did respond with "you're* cute." When I got that message back I thought he was an asshole, i didn't know I was writing an essay for school and had to be grammatically correct! (I hate people who correct my grammar, I do not use correct grammar/spelling all the time, get over it! :]) We talked online for a while.. through AIM then eventually on the phone. There was a huge problem from the start.. he lived in Pennsylvania! But we really liked each other so we decided that we wouldn't let the long distance thing bother us. After weeks of him begging to meet we decided to meet on August 13th. I am not going to lie, I was really stressed out about meeting him. I am not the prettiest nor skinniest of girls out there, who knows if he would just decide that he didn't like me and leave me at the airport? I started to break out with hives thinking about it. I had never been on a trip alone in my life and now I was going to meet a guy in an airport.

Some people might think that I was nuts flying to a different state alone to meet some random person off the Internet, that is not entirely true, we had mutual friends. Now if you don't play games you wont know what I am talking about but if you do he is a professional gamer. Yes professional gamers exist, and the gaming industry is huge in Asian countries like Korea and China.


So anyways... we met... we fell in love, it was the best time of my life and I have never been happier... (more details later!)

If you would like to know about his life go buy the book gameboys! (http://www.gameboysbook.com/)
I think this is enough for my first post... I hope I didnt bore you to death!









No comments: